RCU Forums - View Single Post - AE Mini MGT 3.0 carb settings?????
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:23 PM
mikez104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AE Mini MGT 3.0 carb settings?????

Ok, so I get my first a truck because they look like they are really fun and I've read about breaking it in and I'm attempting that but can't keep the thing running. The first start up was easy but now it starts and I run it up to half throttle and it sounds ok but then it just quits. Not sputtering out but just dies like someone shot it with a .40 I get it running again and start to go and am giving it some throttle and let it off to slow down and it idles at what sounds to be a good speed then it just dies again. Repeat this process many times. I'm now getting very frustrated and saying bad things.

I fill the tank back up and start it and it runs while the battery is attached to the glow plug and I take it off and a second later it dies. Repeat this process many times. More bad words. At this point a break out the instructions and read about the settings for the carb. It says that the low speed screw should be 6.5 to 6.75 turns out from bottom. I figure I'll see where mine is set so I turn it in and find that it is only at 1.75 turns out so I reset it. Now it don't run [:@] at all. So I find another sheet that came with the truck and it says that the low speed screw should be turned out 2.5 turns from bottom. I'm no genius but I can tell that one of these documents is way off. One says the settings for the high speed should be at 3.5 and the other says 2.5. What gives?

Does anyone have this truck and could they throw me a few pointers before I kick the thing to the curb?