RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50cc Setup?
Thread: 50cc Setup?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:26 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Setup?

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

I assume digitals are the only way to go? Also can Lipo's be use instead of A123's, what are the advantages and disadvantages. This is a big leap for me, the biggest is a Edge with a Saito 82. Can all post complete set-up's of what works and what it's in and pictures of the beauty is always the best I don't even know what prop to use or on which motor although the DA50 seems choice.

Jay

Jay,

Digital servos are definitely the norm, but are not required. Just be sure to use a servo with metal gears and enough torque. Your servo, radio gear, and motor are an investment that you can move to new airframes so get the best you can budget. The Hitec 7955, 7950, 7940, and JR 8711 are the only servos rated to take a 2 cell lipo without a regulator. I used to run lipo's before A123's. Advantages of lipo's- Light, High capacity, High current, low self discharge rate. Disadvantages- Low tolerance to vibration, need to be removed from the plane to be charged, regulator are needed if servos are not rated for the voltage. I know a guy that lost his 102 QQ and garage to one catching on fire in the plane. There are many good choices of props- 22x8 Menz, Xoar, Mejzlik, Vess 22B, Vess 23A. It's hard to beat DA's customer service. If you have a problem they will take care of you. There are some cheaper alternatives now XYZ 50 HP, DL 50, Area 51. Your motor if properly taken care of will last for years and many airframes.