RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beach/Dunes
Thread: Beach/Dunes
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
ShoestringRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beach/Dunes

On any nitros I run on the beach I use a regular hose clamp to make sure the air filter stays on the carb...nice and tight. And Outerwears on the airfilter is good too to keep sand from getting to the airfilter. If you have to change or check a glow plug turn the car upside down to take it out and put it in. Sand is bound to get on the head around the glow plug and it's just too easy for it to fall in if you remove a plug. To turn it upsidedown with fuel in the tank if necessary you can take the carb end fuel line and put it on the tanks outlet pressure tap to close the loop to prevent flooding but you have to be extra careful when doing that on the carb obviously. Also becareful to not spill any fuel on the tank or anywhere when filling up because when the fuel evaporates the left over oil will attract the sand. It's not terrible but makes for less to clean off after. I've found paddles on the rear only is best. (on any 4wd) On the front paddles will actually hinder steering response as the paddles only grab when under power - off throttle they slide over the sand when on the front...and on the front they will fling even more sand on the chassis. Although it is kind of cool having 4 paddles sling the sand.