RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fiberglassing - help
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Fiberglassing - help

First of all you will probably get a lot of different answers to your questions and none being really wrong just different ways of achieving the same goal. Personally i would use polyester cloth and Minwax Polyc. I have done some testing over the past week or so and find the results exceptionally good. If that is not what you are looking for, I have used 3/4 ounce fiberglass cloth with Zap or West Systems epoxy resin. That is a good way to go but too much work for me. (i am just speaking for myself here). As far as the tape goes, my preference is 3M Scotch Plastic Tape. If applied correctly it will not bleed under. I believe it is a vinyl material and you can make some curved lines with it as well. I get it from a local auto parts store. It is not cheap by any means but it does the job. Lusterkote is good paint too. Apply it in light, even coats and your finish will come out great. I have been using some household latex lately on gasoline powered models and it is a good way to go but has to be fuel proofed for a glow powered plane.