RCU Forums - View Single Post - Still a Bottom Feeder.
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Still a Bottom Feeder.

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

As most of you have seen from my posts over the last few years, I normally toss the newest issue of MA, as soon as it arrives. When the Latest issue came (March 2009), I decided to give it another try. I may have missed something, but I don't really think so, because there was one report on a giant 3-D event, and one (one page) commentary on a flying cross (a miniature airplane that does not resemble any known full scale airplane ever built), and the balance of the magazine (not dedicated to specific flying regimens) was solely dedicated once again to those little foam electric powered toys that I so much despise. The reports from the DVP's again were about as informative, and exciting as watching paint dry. Once again, the publication will make the short trip from the mailbox to the trash recpticle, without being opened. Why would I not leave the magazine at the Doctor's/Dentist/local School? Because I don't particularly care to see that kind of thing being exposed to prospective model flyers. Guess I'll stay a bottom feeder. I'm thinking about having a patch made that says so. Wonder what kind of look that would get from Greg when he shows up at a certain event where I normally go each spring.........?

Bill, AMA 4720
Does your disdain for any thing that doesn't replicate a real airplane extend to cover hand launched gliders, most Control Line stunt/speed, vintage free flight, Sticks through the ages, indoor freeflight, CL combat, Wakefield, etc. that have been a staple of model aviation for the past 70 years or more?

I bet Burt Rutan drives you bananas.