RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-20 or 21
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Saillfish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saito FG-20 or 21

Well I flew my Funtana X100 today with the saito FG-20 swinging a apc 16 x 6. Max rpm was 8840. It took off and flew great. I pointed it straigt up on take off and it climbed easy. The plane came in at 9 lbs 6 oz. empty. I would guess it had about 1 to 1.3 weight to power ratio. I flew the plane for 12 minutes and it used maybe 2.5 oz. of fuel. I have a Funtana 90 with a YS 1.10. This airplane burns 15 oz. in 12 minutes. It is a true 3D machine. I would say the ys has 15 to 20 percent more power. About the cost of this engine. Yes it is costly. But it ran and sounded great. Not to mention it sipped the fuel. It was perfect for everything and would even hover the aircraft. It would only be a low to the ground 3D plane for a expert due to not alot of pull out power, but it did have it. Now for the zenoah 20 cc. I was not happy with that motor in anyway on my Yak 54. But I did not mess with it enough to be fair to bash it to much. If is HEAVY. 45 0z before the battery to run it. My friend has a Funtana 90 and just put a new CRRC 26 cc in it and the Saito 20 cc out performed it. I will video the Funtana/saito as soon as the wind lays down and post the you tube link here.