RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Racing Development Efforts
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Iceman67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Racing Development Efforts

The 35-48-1100 motor will make it comparable to a TT40 pro. I think after yesterday, the 9 x 7.5 will be enough prop to get 115-120 mph. I think your right about same motor, controller, battery, but I disagree on the same airframe. I would like to keep it open to all current airframes because it is a plug and play system. Anyone who has a legal Q-500 airframe could do this without having to buy "Specified" airframe. For example, The only readon I even had a Predator and a Viper was becasue I couldn't get a Conspirator built in time for the CAPS Classic race 3 years ago and I ordered the ARF's to get me through the race. I was very happy with both of them mostly because I won 424 with the Viper on Sat with fast time, and got 3rd on Sunday with the same plane. I design and build my own racing planes though and I have a new airframe in the works for 424 & 428. You can bet that I will build one with this conversion and quite possibly build an EP version fuse with a 2" longer nose to eliminate the mount needed to get it to balance.

I am excited about moving forward with a set of rules for this event governing power-system and requiring a legal Q-500 airframe, but I think people will have to see it in action before interest in it will grow. I will post results of the 35-48-1100 flight as soon as it comes in. It is only a (4) bolt & (3) wire switch and it will be off to the field again. Unfortunately, the motor won't be here for the weekend. RATS!!!!!

Take Care,