RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ice formation on full scale wings
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ice formation on full scale wings

Flyfalcons. Here is a quote from the current president of the Flight Safety Foundation:

“Proactive safety management is built on a foundation of commitment and trust. If we lose that trust, the information flow ceases and we are condemned to wait for the next incident or accident. Trust is a difficult thing to maintain in the U.S. aviation environment. The industry and the regulator have been through difficult times and labor relations are strained. The Flight Safety Foundation takes no position on the political debates, but we do issue one caution: the debates between management and labor in this industry must never be allowed to compromise the free flow of safety information in the system. If information stops flowing from the cockpit, the ramp or the control room floor, risk will be needlessly increased.”

Your honor, though noble, is misplaced. It reminds me of the “honor” of the young gang member who says-we don’t narc on our own . It’s the same ogre that haunts the medical field which has so adroitly for many years protected incompetent doctors. It’s that same management/labor struggle that Mr Voss talks about above. It stifles the free flow of information and hampers the advancement of aviation safety.

I, for one, don’t share your reservation about “naming names”. I call ‘em like I see ‘em!