RCU Forums - View Single Post - 8ight buggy to truggy conversion...anyone?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:21 PM
losifiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8ight buggy to truggy conversion...anyone?

Well since the parts are alleardy bought, and on my work bench, I'm getting this done. I compared the parts in the parts explosion manual of both and they're only the obvious parts differences that make a truck differ from a buggy that need to be swapped.

Like mentioned before, I'm only missing 3 parts. The fuel tank, the center diff spur gear, and the center drive shafts. I got everything else mentioned in my first post off of Ebay for $125 shipped. I would be lucky to see $150 from the buggy as a roller and a new truggy race roller would set me back $400, at the least. I dont see how it would be cheaper to sell the buggy and get a new truggy.

I made the post just to see if anyone else on this forum had done it. Not to recieve imput from people with speculations or get cretiqued for thinking out of the box. Specially in this tight economy.

HerrSavage, thanks. I love the look of the buggy too but I cant get used to the short and narrow wheel base. I'm used to running trucks around the track.