RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight Jeremy Chinn Yak-55SPs build thread
Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 AM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight Jeremy Chinn Yak-55SPs build thread

i was wondering if id have a hard time balancing, i spoke with curtis at ef and he said any quaility standard would work, even nylon gears, but reccomended a metal gear for rudder if i actually plan on touching tail, im not sure i would intentionally, unless im 6" from the ground 100% control and id want to just graze the ground....but anyway the rudder and the ele are the ones i wouldnt want to strip, especailly the ele, you can loose the hoole thing that way, my buddy stripped out a standard one on his mojo last time out, in flight, not even hitting the ground, luckily it was just in one spot so with some screwing around both inverted and upright it came to a place where he could get it back down safley, i was thinking of the 475's, i still had a bad taste from when the karbonite 1st came out though, i bought 635's for a funtana, i stripped 2 literally just by bumping the surface, then i deliberately stripped the rudder simply by moving the surface back and forth by hand, when i switched direction after the 3rd or 4th time it stripped, maybe they changed the composition or something since then, but i wasnt impressed at all with them years ago, and i know i wasnt the only one stripping them out, there was reports of guys loosing bigger planes from failures, but even chirs at ef is using the 475's now with good success, so i am considering them too, the price isnt that much different to the 625's for metal gear, they say .4oz heavier each, times 2 for rudder and ele, will that make it that much harder to balance???i know they are overkil for torque, but they are fast and metal gear, and after looking at specs, the standard 422 nylon is faster than the 475