RCU Forums - View Single Post - HL Jagdpanther build
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HL Jagdpanther build

This is not much of a build, more of a personalization of the decent HL JagdPanther.

I always strip down the tank to its most basic components. I fill the Heng Long holes on the bottom of the tub, and then paint the tub Primer red.

Next I add the extra gear to reduce the speed and produce more torque.

Standard internal mods on the recoil mechanism have been done to have the correct look to the recoil. Spring back, slow return to fully extended. The return power is routed through a 15 watt 22 ohm resistor, to slow down the recoil.

I hinged the right rear tool box and mounted the on-off switch there. The rear compartmart door will provide access for charging and the volume switch.

All externals were painted chrome, and allowed to dry. I then brush painted on thinned flat black and rubbed that onto the silver, to give it the look of plate metal. This finish will then be sealed. My intent is to use acrylic paint over this. Anytime I want to strip it down to this bare metal finish I can do it using Windex

One of the pictures was taken with the lower front end in shadow. This was done to demonstrate how real life conditions can obscure detail. My intent is to force this shadow perspective on the final paint scheme, to hide the inaccurate front end slope of the model.

That is it so far. Next on the list is to make the rear track holders. I also included a picture that shows the clearance problems with the Heng long gear box on the front lower slope. I have no idea how to correct this using the standard Heng Long gears, short of moving the gearbox back. As I don't want to spend $150 for Tamiya gearboxes, I am opting for the painted effect.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48076.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1153769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84348.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1153770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dj11825.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	82.9 KB