RCU Forums - View Single Post - Primer for Fiberglass Cowl
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 12:25 PM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Primer for Fiberglass Cowl

Originally posted by DBCherry
Sorry, that wasn't clear from your post.

I don't think the ceramic component would be an issue. It almost has to be reasonably sandable, and I doubt that you could cover the cowl heavily enough to add substantial weight.

Rereading your post I'd also suggest that you test the primer on something first to make sure it really is fuel proof. Does this guy know you were talking about fuel containing Nitromethane?
Dennis-

I didn't think it would be a problem but just wanted to make sure as this is the first plane I have to use a cowl and pants and have to paint. I was also kinda concerned about the sanding part as well.

When I went to buy this primer I explained to him what it was going to be used for and told him the fuel did contain Nitromethane and he kinda looked at me stupidly and said ohh yes it will be ok. So from his face expressions and such I decided well I better post for some help here on this. I also contacted Dupli-Color via email and got a dumb A** auto generated email saying someone would contact me within 24 - 48 hours. Well no word yet.

So needless to say I went and bought some Rustoleum primer and don't have to worry about any issues as alot of others have recommended this.

Again, I thank you for your responses.