RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another MaxCat built but only 48"
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 10:25 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another MaxCat built but only 48"

Well, guys, believe it or not, but I am back ( no, I 'm not Arnie ) Back with my build, that is. After several month of slackin' off, I finally decided to jump start my cat project and bring it to an end. Actually I wasn't slackin' off at all. I had to built several airplaines before and over the winter. But now I am determined to do nothing else, except build my cat. Last year I stopped by putting the bottom on it. Now I continued with the side walls and the interior. First, all was getting a water proofing coat of epoxy. Then I threaded strips of foam into the sponsons. This had to be done before the deck goes on. Then I made the motor stringers and laid CF on the bottom of the motor compartment. Motor stringers and ribs are half notched so the form a strong box once put together. Next step is to epoxy the running pads and the corner strakes on the bottom. Running pads are cut at 13° and are 32mm wide. So, as you can see, I am serious now to finish my cat as soon as possible. Harold and the other guys with their builds have turned me on . Now, where is Steve Marshal from down under with his 48" cat?
Next step is the deck, which is already cut out and glued together. More pictures to come.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45673.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1157441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49612.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1157442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85234.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	104.1 KB