RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D/acro props for 46AX
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 06:43 AM
CloudSkipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D/acro props for 46AX

I may be putting a 46AX on a Extra for which 46 is the minimum size engine. I saw a suggestion that a APC 12.25x3.75 would be a good prop for that combination. The low pitch surprised me especially as OS recommends 12x6-7 for the 46AX at the bigger end.

I'm not thinking the guy is "wrong" necessarily, but maybe he is just better at running such an engine at extremes because he can better hear if there's a problem.

So I'm wondering is it safe for me (who does not have a great ear for engines) to use something like a APC 12.25x3.75 on a 46AX? AND if it's alright to go with that size, could I even go a little more extreme and try something like 13x4 even? Or is that going too far with a 46AX?

But at the least, if APC 12.25x3.75 on 46AX sounds alright for a slightly engine-challenged person to play with, then I'll include them in my soon upcoming order (can't find that size any where else). I'm a little clumsy with tuning...

Thanks

edit: Oops, I hope using this section was ok. But relates to an unusual prop size specifically for 3D/acro so...