RCU Forums - View Single Post - keep 5.9 or sell it??
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 04:32 PM
bigwaltc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: keep 5.9 or sell it??

ORIGINAL: Nitrocrow

bigwaltc . . . WAS EXACTLY RIGHT . . . today in warmer weather, I turned back the LSN (rich), and MAGIC, no shutdowns or stalls . . . leaned the HSN a tad more and my 5.9 XL is running like a dream . . . THANKs MAN !!! Doing wheelies and engine temp is a purrrfect 240 !

Thanks folks !!!

and thanks to Budbud . . . also . . .

ORIGINAL: bigwaltc

ORIGINAL: Nitrocrow

So far my XL 5.9 is ok . . . seems to need a tune every run. I have 7 tanks through it . . . getting better every run . . . but the general set up on the XL seems lacking?

I am constantly having to adjust the idle and throttle servo . . . have random shut downs . . . always running rich, then bam engine temp jumps to 300+ . . . while smoke and muff discharge are everywhere

My low speed needle seems really tight . . . hard to do an 1/8 turn, only done 2 1/8 turns . . . but feel as though it's going to break.

If anyone can give me a history of their tuning experience with the 5.9 please help.

I am headed in the right direction and things slowly get better . . . but the idle and throttle servo are really getting to me. Every time I run I am having to mess with idle, breaking, revs and spinning wheels . . . and then random idle shut downs . . .

I am loving the tweaking, but . . . will this thing ever run smooth ?
You are getting random shut downs and high temps because your LSN is to lean. You have smoke at WOT because you HSN might be OK. The LSN is a much finer very slight adjustment
Good to hear she is running good Bro [sm=shades_smile.gif]