RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rustler vxl or Associated rc10t4
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rustler vxl or Associated rc10t4

ORIGINAL: mufflerbearing

Traxxas's are desinged to be tough bashers, not racers. If you want a race truck, buy an ae or losi. If you want something you can jump your house with, buy a traxxas. The rustler, stampede, and especially the slash are almost bomb-proof. Serously, I can't break my XL-5 pede. It's getting boring because I want to upgrade and have no excuse to do it. I did a 5+ foot ramp over and over and that didn't break anything. I hit the ramp with only one side of the truck and it rolled a bunch of times before crashing to the ground. No damage. Even the stock titan is still going.

Every truck has it's place and neither is "better" than the other one. Although, for hard-core bashing, you can't beat a pede or rustler.[8D]
Correction, Put all RPM parts on the rustler and jump a house. Alot of people always say how durable the rustler/stampede is, then they go on about how much money in hop ups they have in it. Go figure! For example, the XL5 transmission is soo poorly made that if you put a good 7 cell battery in it the titan will blow and you will strip a diff gear.

they havent really needed to change it have they? it still sells better than any other car at my LHS, but i agree with you on the bushings and phillips screws, they really need to fix that.
Traxxas cares about the money like most RC manafaucters (mainly the ones who sell exclusively RTRs). Their RCs are popular for noobs who dont know how to maintain a vehicle, just drive drive drive. All they care about is speed, and that is where Traxxas comes in. It is pretty sad to have a vehicle bought on how fast it goes, not by the quality or handling of it. That is why Traxxas is so popular. Traxxas made race kits back in the early 90s, but they sucked so they mvoed to RTRs. Traxxas has done more harm than good for my side of the hobby. Before Traxxas, the pioneers of RC said there was about 5-6 tracks within 30 minutes of their house (southern california). Now, there is 0 tracks within 30 miutes from me. All of them are sorted throught, 1 45 minutes away, 1 2 hours, etc. Now, the people who buy Traxxas's dont come to the track which means tracks have to close becuase not enough people are coming. BUT, to each its own.