RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-20 or 21
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Saito FG-20 or 21

ORIGINAL: Saillfish

Well guys about all I can say is it seems everyone is having the same problems with this motor. Mine is at Horizon right now and as I said I will keep you all informed when I get it back and what they say. Pretty much it seems that we are going to have to band together to get our money back on this Five hundred dollar plus paper weight. I have come to the reality that if you fly 90 size aircraft you should just stick with YS's or any glow. I have now tried the 20 cc zenoah and 20cc saito and they just dont have the power needed for their weight. If you want to fly gas dont go less than the 50 cc engines. Anything less in my opinion stick with glow. Just my thoughts.
I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing with your new engine and do hope that the situation will be resovled in a manner that leaves you fairly satisfied, meaning your money back at the very least.

I beg to disagree with your opinion that gas engines below 50cc or the G20 in particular are not suitable power plants for our models, as there are many of us that have excellent performing models using the G20 and other engines well below 50cc . It is possible that unfortunately you choose a model that was just too much for your G20, as all .90 size models are not created equal, not to mention that flying styles and preferences differ from person to person.

Karol