RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-20 or 21
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Saillfish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saito FG-20 or 21

ORIGINAL: R/C Foolish

My FG20 is now on its way back to Horizon. On the phone, support just tried to say I had the needle settings wrong, I am not too hopeful.
I agree on there being many good gas motors under 50cc. I had the G20 in a Great Planes RV-4 and it was a perfect combination. I have a Brison 40cc in a Giant Super Sport that flies just perfect for my style. I also have a Carden Yak with a DA-50 and a Comp Arf Extra 330 with a DA-100, so there are all kinds of planes for all sizes of motors. I would not be too quick to generalize. I really hope Saito can square away my FG20 because that will open up a whole new range of planes to fly gas.

R/C Foolish
I agree with you on gas when you say it like that. I believe my style of flying does not go with these small gas motors. I can see them working very well in sport planes of many types. Just not 3D type aircraft. Just my opionion. But lets not keep off the subject of this post.
It seems another FG-20 owner Rcdude7 is sending his back to horizon now for pretty much the same reason. I am starting to feel the purpose made saito gas carb is not so good. Benr1014 sure built a nice setup. Maybe we should be sending them to him to Mod. and fix. Those Germans sure can build some nice stuff.