RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market
Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

No, I wasnt referring to that specifc post, I was referring to some of the other posts too; I was typing all my thoughts into one post. This was teh post in which you mentioned wealth sharing that I was referring to.

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

By the way Foxy, I mean no disrespect. I am just debating and it's absolutely not personal. I hope you feel the same way.
Of course, no worries.

But I don't understand what you're getting at, I don't see how the clones are going to cost HPI jobs. Sorry, you are simply taking this way too far, to it's extreme. If they were packing out hobby shops with them, then I'd say you have a point, but we both know that's not gonna happen.

Also, you know what it's like living in China? I say let them have some American (and British, I don't care) money. We are not short of greenbacks over here in the West. Let's be careful not to let capitalism, and the fact that WE HAVE got money, make us automatically correct. Who's to say it's not morally wrong to try to deprive them of the income they will make by cloning a couple of Western products. It's easy to sit in a palace and chant 'let them eat cake'. We all know what happened to Marie Antoinette!

I don't see it as right or wrong, honestly, I see it as logical. I'm one of the world's great realists (honestly), I'm very accepting of 'stuff' happening. 'Stuff' happens all the time to good and bad people. HPI should just get on with it, keep doing the good job they're doing, and rely on us hobbyists making the right decisions, and informing newcomers the pros and cons. Which we inevitably do. HPI are not losing anything here, you yourself were a victim of the fact that they underestimated demand by some 300%. The factories went into overdrive, and the board of HPI must still be wondering what on earth to do with this enormous glut of income. Excuse me if I have little to no sympathy for them, after they make 50% per unit, fail to keep up with demand, and STILL don't lower the prices one cent. THAT's pretty crappy, honestly.
Ah, I see what you mean (and again sorry for the late reply, lol). Yeh, not really the same thing as what I meant. What you mean is to a point where it makes an impact, I honestly don't think it's making an impact.