RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera WK-2801 8ch Multifunctional Transmitter Review
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 PM
GTX SlotCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera WK-2801 8ch Multifunctional Transmitter Review

Hi Hans, I see what you mean now about the menus. Another nice thing is the low price on the receivers. If they're small the Spektrum receivers, you can put then inside 4in1 cases. They've developed their own 2.4G technology, so they won't ever be compatible with Spektrum's DSM2.

There's one thing that bugs me on my DX7, and that's the way the timer stop watch function works. It resets to 0 when you turn the radio off. I'd like it to keep the timer in memory so when the Tx is turned on again you can continue the count from where you left off. There's a "clear" button to reset it to 0 anyway if that's what you want to do. Maybe I just haven't read the manual through, but I don't think there's a setting to make it continue. There are times when you might fly for 5 minutes and get interupted. You might know that you get about 15 minutes flight on a battery. When you get back to flying, it's nice to be able to continue the timer so you'll know how much time you have left. I use the timer a lot for testing batteries and for checking flight times with different landing gear options or blades, etc. My Eclipse 7 lets the timer continue and it's a nice feature.