RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-20 or 21
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 04:23 PM
benr1014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saito FG-20 or 21

ORIGINAL: Jai Williams

Hey benr1014,
Congrats on your conversion! Hopefully Saito will get theirs worked out too! I know there's a lot of us scale flyers that would love to see this happen.
I, and others too I'm sure, would like to know more about your experience with your Saito 125 conversion to gas.
Would you mind answering a few questions for us?
Did you break your engine in on the synthetic oil, and at the same 1:25 ratio?
How have you dealt with the carbon build up? Would a product like Sea Foam help in keeping down the carbon build-up?
Are the parts to your conversion readily available, so that we could try your conversion on other engines? What kind of cost are we talking about?
And lastly, that's a very cool engine mount you fabricated, would you be interested in making a couple for me?
Thanks, J.
OK for your first Question: This engine was first in Great Planes "Gee Bee" and it was running with glow fuel.
The plane was flying realy great but landing was always horrible now it is with a damaged wing and without engine.
I made the gas conversion when I bought the 69"QQ Yak, the engine was already broke in.

For your second Question: By the end of 2008 I opend the engine for inspecting carbon on outlet valve.
There was al lot of carbon, but it was not stucking in the head. Nevertheless I took it out of the head and removed carbon with sand paper.

The oil I used is "Mobil Racing 2T Fully Synthetic 2 Stroke Engine Oil"

The carburetor I found in Friedrichshafen on hobby fair it was used and cost me 5€.
Ther are some numbers on it: WT 251 623B

For your last question: The engine mount it is a lot work to do, and I'm busy with an selfmade 80ccm 4-Stroke twin.
I can send you the CAD models in native "Solid Edge V16" or parasolid file or step file.
On one of the pictures you can see the cylinder heads of 80ccm FS-engine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94585.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1161348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49364.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1161349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39327.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	38.9 KB