RCU Forums - View Single Post - GOT SCAMMED!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 PM
BudBud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOT SCAMMED!!!!!

I thought I got hosed too... I have been wanting to try a NovaRossi N528XR in a Savage.... Do not ask me why, maybe because somebody who I do not care to publically call out claimed his was twisting off axles under acceleration. I always thought it to be bunk.... so I bought one. It was a bump only and I put it in my truggy. I do not think it has nearly as much power as my stock Picco 28.... but... the turbo Picco 28s are stronger than the pull start ones.

So what does that have to do with this thread? I bought a rotostart N528XR off of Ebay and it came today. I was sick when I saw the two ears ground off and the starter being held on by RTV and two screws. I was sharing my agony when it dawned on me that the block might be okay and just needs a new backing plate. I whipped out the trusty pocket knife and started cutting.I cannot tell you how happy I was to uncover the backing plate screws, I thought the bottom ones were gone, but when I got it scraped clean, there they are! Whew!!

It would have worked out anyway, I bought it for less than a piston and sleeve costs.... look for a Savage video soon. Since the crazy power claim, I am mounting it in my S25 and we will soon find out (totally bunk) if it can indeed twist off a Savage axle by nailing the throttle. Glen