RCU Forums - View Single Post - SHRIKE CLUB # 1
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 AM
johnc1go
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHRIKE CLUB # 1

Success! After addressing CG issues and reworking aileron linkages, I had two good test flights. I had to add 2 oz of weight to the nose to counter the 3 oz of lead I'd placed in the tail before I covered the plane. Duh, I guess I should have just left well enough alone, oh well, I"m not going to tear into the tail section just to remove some weight. My main concern was aileron flutter, which is no longer present since I reduced nearly all play in the linkages.

After launch, I noticed right away the CG was better, the plane handled much more smoothly and had no tendency to pitch up when I reduced the throttle as before. I began making low altitude passes to listen for flutter and gradually increased power between each pass. After about 6 passes, I had the throttle wide open with no sounds of flutter. I'm satisfied with the performance so far as it's noticeably faster than my last shrike which had an OS .15CVA on the nose. I think now, I will begin to experiment with different props for max speed. Until next time.....happy flying fellas!