RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine Fires...
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Pete737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Fires...

ORIGINAL: George

ORIGINAL: Pete737

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

I think the shutoff valve should absolutely be just before the turbine "inlet", downstream of the solenoid and pump. Thats why it is a shutoff valve.
All due respect guys but this would make the most sense to me, Seeing how you can kill all the fuel immediately. Unless there is concern about putting pressure on the pump or solenoid while refueling. But what do I know..

Im interested in seeing the locations that different people choose and why.

Pete
My point is; if you do what you are saying, then when you shut the valve off after the pump and before the turbine, then the pump is still trying to pump fuel and has a source (the tank/s) and could spray fuel inside the plane if a line or fitting leaks or breaks (Again, I have seen this). If you have never witnessed any situations that can lead to these conditions then I understand where you are coming from. There is nothing better than experience to learn these lessons and your location should be fine 99.9% of the time. I'm just trying to pass on knowledge I have learned and witnessed. Your valve location is up to you.

George
Ok thanks, This is my first turbine and turbine jet that Ive ever seen in person. I have not even been to a jet meet so there are loads of scenarios of which I have no idea exist. I didn't know the pump makes enough pressure to rupture fittings.

I guess having one before and after is the way to go.

Pete