RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I remove con-rod from crank shaft on my Saito 125??
Old 03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I remove con-rod from crank shaft on my Saito 125??

ORIGINAL: N2ECW

ORIGINAL: beachbrada

Something weird happened today, I had just started my Saito 125 for the first time today and was giving it some throttle to warm her up when all of a sudden the motor quit and the prop came to a complete stop instantly. The prop was very hard to turn over as if something was wrong internally. I got the motor home and started to take it apart for inspection and where the connecting rod connects to the crank shaft its very very tight and seems to be the problem. Whats the fix for this and how do I remove the con-rod? Also the motor is still under warranty so if its a repair that will require parts I will probably send it in for repair.

Technically, you voided the Saito warranty when you disassembled the engine.

No matter how hard I have tried over the years, people still don't get the message to NOT disassemble their engine while the engine is still under warranty. Disassembling the engine voids the warranty.

Sometimes, the engine repair facility will cut you a break if it is obvious that the original fault was a defective part. However, there have been times when an engine that would otherwise have been covered by warranty was not repaired under the warranty because the buyer of the engine made it impossible to know exactly what happened because of their interference by disassembly. Let's hope that is not the case this time.

Ed Cregger
Technically you are posting without having the correct info, I just went through the manual and found the little blurp about taking apart your engine. Here what it says straight from the manual: "
Do not needlessly disassemble your
Saito engine. Only qualified
individuals should perform engine
repairs. Damage due to improper
disassembly will not be covered under
warranty. If it becomes necessary to
repair the engine, such as after a crash,
you can send your engine to the
authorized service center at."

It says do not needlessly disassemble your engine, well I didnt disassemble for sh*ts and giggles, it also says only qualified individuals should perform repairs. All I did was inspect, no repairs were made. Then its says damage due to improper disassembly will not be covered under warranty, well no additional damage was done to the engine besides what was already damaged. And last, if it becomes necessary for repairs send it in, which its on its way to Horizon as we speak.

And for all the Cool Power haters, 90% of the people I fly with use Cool Power, unless Horizon calls me and says that the engine failure was due to my fuel Im not switching so you're wasting your time with your Chevy vs Ford posts. And please dont reply saying that Im over-reacting because Im not, this thread wasnt intended for fuel wars.