RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Very well said!! The more competition in the RC Radio market, the quicker the prices come down.

One of the differences with 2.4 is that whatever brand you pick, you are locked into that brand as there are no 3rd party offerings. I have used Futaba and JR, for years, but many times, I bought Hitec Rx's instead of JR or Futaba, because they were just as reliable and they cost less. Once I started using PCM, I realized that other manufacturers PCM Rx's were not compatible.

For that reason, when I decided to transition to 2.4, I chose JR/Spektrum, because, at the time, they made it easier. If I wanted to go with any other mfg's 2.4 system, I would have to either dump my JR/Spektrum systems, use another mfg's Module and Rx, or have two brands of Radios.

I am sure that anyone starting from the beginning, could choose JR/Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, Airtronics, or any of the other competing brands, obtain reliable, quality equipment. As usual, it will come down to Price, Features, Look and Feel, Range of Products, Reliability, and Service after the Sale.