RCU Forums - View Single Post - receiver choices
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Mode One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: receiver choices

ORIGINAL: -pkh-

Awww, I sense an Airtronics owner with hurt feelings. [&o]

I never said it was a piece of junk. It's a great buy if all you need are full size 8 channel receivers. If you want cheaper receivers with lower channel counts, and/or want some micro PF receivers, then it doesn't quite fit the bill right now, does it?
The Airtronics 92824 receiver weighs .53 oz. or 15.02 grams. The JR AR500 weighs 7 grams or .2469 oz. The JR AR500 is slightly less then 1/2 the weight of the Airtronics 92824 receiver. I would consider both to be very light weight. If your involved in Indoor Foamy electrics and/or electric helicopters, maybe this weight difference is a big deal. Since I'm not, it means very little to me. I can see wanting cheaper/lighter receivers. However, why would you need fewer channels, even though they're not being used, if the weight is the same; or close, who cars if 3 extra channels are going along for a ride?

I think Spektrum, JR, Futaba, Airtronics and Hitech all have good equipment, probably all of the same high quality and reliability. To think one is better then the other is a simple, meaningless bias. I've stuck with Airtronics, becasue I've had good results with them and their customer service is excellent.