RCU Forums - View Single Post - Commercially manufactured arming plug?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Commercially manufactured arming plug?

The Emcotec, looks nice but at 65 Euros not cheap. If you have a large electric you already have lots of money tied up in it so I wouldn't imagine that would be a problem. But for smaller, cheaper electrics pulling 40 amps or less on 4 or 5 cells, this is somewhat overkill in terms of complexity, size and certainly cost. Notice that the switch is connected to a device placed between the battery and the speed controller. The "device" resembles a speed controller in size. I wonder if the fail mode for it is to cut the circuit. It is also good for 60A continuous and 120A burst, so for the really large electrics, it still is too small. It does, however, do away with the spark upon connecting the battery. I suppose it's something I'd spring for.

Just noticed the price includes VAT, so that will be about 10 Euros cheaper here in the U.S., still not cheap but...... hmmmm. Exchange calculator says $67 before shipping.

WOW. Just found out shipping is just as much as the item to the US. $70 to ship to the US.!!!!!! $137 total. That's too bad.