RCU Forums - View Single Post - My hobby shop story!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My hobby shop story!

I had been going to a hobbytownUSA about 30 miles from here. Well, when i got back into nitro, i found out there was a small shop about 12 miles from here. I have been out there 4 or 5 times now, and the guy running it is a real nice guy. They dont stock a lot of parts, but he can usually get them, and he does his best to make ya happy. He talks to ya like your his neighbor every time you come in.

Last time i was at hobbytown USA, there was a woman working the parts counter for the r/c cars.... All i needed was a spur for my savage. Well she had no idea where to look and told me to ask the woman up front to find it on the computer and tell her the number. Well, i did, and she finally found it, but it was for a savage x. I made it work anyways.
I came to find out by the woman up front that the other woman was the cleaning lady and she was filling in for the guy who normally works back there[&:] The time before that i was in there though, he was trying to sell a 40yr old man a truck. This guy had no idea what he was buying, he just knew he wanted one. He had it between the Traxxas Sportmaxx, and the Nitro Stampede. The guy behind the counter was telling him the nitro stampede was 4wd, and that the sportmaxx was 2wd. I told the guy id get the sportmaxx, and his wife said "you mean the 2wd". I said they are both 2wd... She said, "they are?", i said yeah. The guy behind the counter started frantically looking on the stampedes box, and found out it was in fact 2wd. He said "well, uh, I guess it is 2wd too".

Whats funny is they were both almost the same price, which is why i told them to get the sportmaxx. It comes with the 2.5r and the 2 speed transmission where the stampede is smaller with a single speed and the pro .15. And 4wd according to the guy behind the counter

Anyways, usually the smaller shops dont stock as much, but they are a lot more friendly and knowledgeable in my experience.

Eric