RCU Forums - View Single Post - novak super sport question
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: novak super sport question

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

I value your statments even if i dont agree with them....Keep posting what you think thats not for me to say whats right or wrong,I enjoy evebodys point of veiw and its a great way to learn.

Thank you, glad to know we have someone around here who has some common sense.

And Novak may deny having a choke hold and huge influence on ROAR rules, but just look through some of them sometime. Their rules cater to Novak. It really is very obvious if you know what you are reading and research the stats and limitations of the Novak systems. I am not trying to flame NovakTwo or bash the company here, I am stating a point. Now I don't want to drag the forum into this where most of the members hate Novak (because its a forum dedicated to brushless) and I would hope NovakTwo or another member will not state the name of that forum because I don't think the owner of that forum would appreciate being dragged into this. But anyway, my point is, in a forum with a huge crowd of people dedicated to brushless, it sorts out the good, the bad, and the ugly as far brushless poducts go. And on that forum, Novak is considered the bad and the ugly. And I am not sure if it was this forum (RCU) or the one dedicated to brushless, but there was a large thread about 1/8 scale ROAR sanctioned racing and the rules involved, and when the first set of rules came out, it was totally obvious that ROAR had made the rules based off of the Novak HV system, as in limited to 4S and sensored only. However, as I said above, that has changed to allow sensorless systems to be included, however they are still limited to 4S, the max amount of voltage a Novak HV system can handle. And also, ROAR has specific classes based on Novak sensored systems, because they go by "turns" rather than the sensorless terminology of Kv (which means the amount of RPM per 1 given volt, a 2000Kv brushless motor spins 2000 RPM's for every 1 volt it is given). And I am not big into 1/10 scale, so don't quote me on this, but as far as I know, ROAR does not allow sensorless systems in 1/10 racing, and they do not allow more than 2S LiPo, which is the limit of all or most of the Novak 1/10 systems as far as I know. Now I am not trying to label Novak as a bad company, and while this may be labeling them as a bad company, it's not on purpose. Their motors and ESC's do their job, and while not in the fashion I would like to see them do it, they do their job and people like them. In my experience, and many others I have read about and seen in person, their systems are not up to par to what many people want. And to be honest, I really wish ROAR would not be brand loyal to Novak. And Novak is one of only a few companies who are making sensored only systems, and to be honest, I think ROAR should change the rules to sensorless only allowed in racing so Novak would step up their game and go to sensorless systems like the majority of companies. And since so many people love Novak, they must be somewhat decent at making sensored systems, so why not force them to step up to sensorless and see how well they can do?

I will stick to Castle and other sensorless systems, and continue to highly recommend Castle and other brands of sensorless systems. But when Novak, if ever, goes sensorless, and ROAR stops catering to them, I will give them a try, and who knows, maybe they will outdo everyone else.

Sorry if this doesn't seem very fair, but its only my opinion. NovakTwo, please feel free to deny all accusations of ROAR catering to you, let the people believe what they want.