RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nostalgia
Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 10:57 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nostalgia

Many moons ago I built and flew a cute little rudder only airplane by 'Sterling'. I think it was called Lil Roughneck. It had about a 27" span, open cockpit, and was a tail dragger. It used a Cox '020' Pee Wee engine if I remember correctly. Does anyone remember this one? Top Flight had a nice series, as well, i.e. The Rascal, the Roaring 20, Schoolboy, School Master, Top Dawg, etc. Most of these used sheet balsa for the flying surfaces with no open areas. These were great flying little airplanes, and would be even better today with the equipment that is available. Has anyone out there any recent experience with any of the above? Lastly, wouldn't it be great if Goldberg updated and re-kitted some of the original greats like the 1/2 A Skylane, the Junior Skylark (i.e. with twins!!), the falcon,...oh man, I get excited just thinking about it! Did I read or hear someplace that Goldberg is kitting a few aircraft again? Maybe I'm just a nostalgic old F... but I'd still like to build and fly some of these models that were so popular in there own time. Anyone out there think likewise?