RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sullivan molded foam wing sets
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM
gittarpikk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sullivan molded foam wing sets

ORIGINAL: Frank Schwartz

I sure do remember the FB100..I had a couple of them years and many decades ago....AND two weeks ago at a R/C Flea Market I found a FB100 in pretty good shape with an Enya 40X on it....for thirty bucks! Of course...I bought it and after fitting servos and a receiver it is ready to go...now all we need here in Tennessee is some good weather....
The FB100 is, as we know, no longer made. Schwartz's Law of Life #1..."Everything good gets discontinued"...
Regards to all,
Frank Schwartz
Hailing from the "other" end of the state... You maybe , by chance , remember an old fellow by the name of Mark Sobeleski.? Started in a Knoxville R/C club and ended up before passing in the Maryville Twin City R/C club back in the 70's
Also I have a very old pattern type airplane in the attic I may post on here to see if anyone recognizes it. I believe it had a bit of crash damage...but was repairable. It wings were almost like the Sullivans, but I believe they are solid foam. Its a 40 ish size and had the "poster board" treatment , making them quite heavy by todays standards.