RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any plans on new Savages or equivalent coming out?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Flux Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any plans on new Savages or equivalent coming out?

I sometimes think what if NASA were to design the ultimate perfect RC truck. Although no matter how they designed it, a design for the best jumps and off road handling will still be different from a design best for race tracks, speed and turns. Like the difference between the early Savages and the Revo 3.3. Still, it would be awsome if a company did this.

Companies like HPI and Traxxas are excellent at doing this as they are now. But I'm sure they still have limitations beyond their control. Imagine if they were allowed access to new technology that would give RC vehicles a power source much better and more reliable than Lipo packs. Something people can charge and use without fail. A charger that will charge it the right way and an ESC that will use it the right way. A set up that can handle higher temperatures and won't overheat no matter what a user does to it. And gears made of material that's almost impossible to strip and break. They already have technology like this for NASA and the military. But I guess they feel the general population isn't worthy enough to share that with. They may state budget issues or safety testing which is sometimes the case. But often there is still an Illuminati type of mentality when it comes to people with access to power and resources.

And imagine the military using an RC type of device that is blast proof. Something that searches for land mines and stuff and if it gets blown into the sky, it can still run. They may have stuff like this already.