RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem with brand new Futaba 9CAP
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2003, 12:32 AM
HoovDriver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with brand new Futaba 9CAP

Well great I finally got my plane built and was setting up the txmtr which is a brand spankin new Futaba 9CAP when it started going wacko. Yesterday I turned on the txmtr with the batt power it came with and named model #1 - AVISTAR as its my first trainer and it's an Avistar. Next I plugged it into its wall charger and let it charge for 12 hours so I would have a full charge. Now today when i turn it on the screen is half and half. Half normal brightness and half very faint hardly readable. Ok I think! and look up how to turn up brightness which I try but it changes nothing except the already good half gets brighter. Then I think ok no biggie maybe its just a small glitch so I proceed to reverse my servos as they need reversing. When I press and hold the MODE key to get to the proper selection screen the whole screen goes blank, I am able to press the up and down select buttons and it beeps but I see nothing. The only thing I can do is press END which brings me back to the initial screen that is there on power up. Please help if you have experienced this as I really want to fly tommorrow. Looks like I am going to be sending it back unless something is just set up wrong. Thanks guys.

Zachary Kirby
LTJG USN