RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem with brand new Futaba 9CAP
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 03:39 PM
HoovDriver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No luck with return so far :(

Get this, it worked like a charm when I first received it so I gave it no more thought and installed all the electronics in my plane. Now since I have installed all that jive both Tower and their warranty/return place is considering it used. So the guy at Towers warranty/repair shop tells me I can send it in for warranty repair which will take a week or so. No f'n way I think this isnt a warranty issue it is a defective product issue. Then I call Tower back again and ask about just returning the whole kit and kaboodle under the fact that it 1) doesn't work and 2) I am not satisfied with it. The girl tells me I can but that the return dept. at Tower is currently working on returns from June 1-2nd so it will take about 2 weeks for it to process. GREAT!! So I ask her about just ordering an entire new unit and then returning the defective one. This surprisingly is what Tower thinks will be the fastest way for me to get a new radio, *** over... I have to game the system to get what I want. Seems to me that great customer service would have said "Holy hell your BRAND NEW 9c doesnt work? no worries Mr. Kirby we are sending you a replacement right this minute" But noooooooo they have wiped their hands clean of this whole mess and now it's a warranty issue that I have to take up with Futaba, go figure. Anyways I am ordering a new radio in 5 minutes as soon as I get done posting this and I will send the defective radio back for a full return. I still can't believe I have to do it this way, seems a little outdated to me.

Zachary Kirby
LTJG USN