RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitroplanes Cananair CL-415
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitroplanes Cananair CL-415

I have received it and aside from two flaws it will be a nice functional model. The first flaw is that the right wing panel has two crushed internal ribs out towards the tip. The damage has to have been inflicted before or during packaging since I inspected the box when it arrived at my residence with absolutely no signs of trauma to the shipping box or the actual box the model is packaged in. The second issue is that the right aileron was manufactured 1/8" thinner than where it meets the trailing edge of the wing along the hinge line. I have contacted NITROPLANES concerning these two issues. Nitroplanes has replied but there has been no offer of replacement or resolve concerning the crushed ribs or the incorrectly manufactured aileron. I am a builder and can correct these problems but they are not what I payed for and hope Nitroplanes steps up to the plate and corrects these problems in some manner other than just an apology. Besides the issues mentioned, it is a very nice model and should be easy to fly since it is pretty straight forward in design. I may consider reinforcing the hull from the inside.

Should NITROPLANES correct/replace the damaged right wing and incorrectly manufactured right aileron, I will be sure to post it here in this forum and give them credit where credit is due. If not?...I will be absolutely sure to post it here in this forum for all to read!

Have you ever tried to put a screwdriver in a slot made in the end of a needle valve of a running engine???? It isn't an easy task and not too safe either. Most O.S. engines come with a hole in the end of the needle valve and a set screw to secure a flexible piece of cable or a piece of wire with a angle bent in the end of it. This may not be as sightly to the finiky scale buff but it sure beats trying to find the slot in the end of the N/V with the engine running or worse yet with 2 engines running in this case. Or even worse ????....drop your screwdriver in the lake!!!

Speedy