RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.

ORIGINAL: mikeinoz

I can offer a brief review after having had about half a tank through one of these on the weekend. I start buy saying I bought a Titan back when they first came and thought it was a good rig but deffo had a few silly design faults and I watched it gradually gain a poor reputation to the point where I doubt anyone would buy one today.
It was immediately appararent taking the TB2 out of the box that some of the issues had been rectified. The frontwheels could not over turn and pop driveshafts out, the on/off switch was easily accesible, it had a CY motor, the shocks were not leaking.
I too was shocked to see the small steering servo but have to say it seemed to work well during my run. The wheels seemed to be turning with authority in fact I think the stock titan servo was much worse and that was a 1/4 scale servo. Also the brakes were locking up all 4 on pavement so no problems there.
I did not have any mechanical issues during the run although mine is only a 23 and being run in. The only issue i noticed was at low fuel levels it was sucking air and realised that is becuase the fuel pickup is at the front of the tank. Easily fixed. Also my fuel cap would not do up tight and leaked badly but Nutech said this has been fixed.
Overall I'm impressed and will be fitting a titan pipe and bigger airfilter for the next run (we run on a VERY dusty track and the CY filter clogged up in no time!). I will leave the small steering servo for now. One possible concern is lack of airflow to the motor as the body fits closely to the chassis almost all the way around. I might slice the side windows out if heat buildup is a problem.
I think buggy this will give the fs ones a good run for the money and I believe Nutech have a full range of alloy bling available now or very soon.
How fast would you say it is MPH because the 4x4 drive cars , trucks etc. seem be alot slower than the 2 wd cars. Thanks