RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum SR300 antenna mod?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 06:42 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum SR300 antenna mod?

ORIGINAL: Dan S

Elnino,

you are correct when saying that both system uses the same 2.4Ghz technology, the difference between the 2 of them is what make makes FASST the winner for over water.
FASST is frequency hopping, Spectrum on the other hand isn't.

I don't know how the antenna is designed on the Spectrum receiver, but on the FASST receiver only the last inch 1/2 is the antenna, everything else before that is only a coax.
yo can also Call Futaba and buy a replacement coax that is I believe a little over 15", again the first 14" is the coax and only the last 1 1/2" is the actual antenna.

if the antenna on the Spectrum receiver is similarly design you could make the coax itself longer.

But I am with the thousands of people that the Spectrum 2.4 is not recommended, way too many threads on this subject including transcript from Spectrum services not recommending it for boats.

Futaba FASST,
Airtronic's new FHSS 2 (developed for boats) and I believe Nomadio are your better choice (and mine).

Dan.
I'm not disputing that the Spek is not a good choice on water. The 3000 ant has to be totally diff. You can run it the stock length OR cut it to approx 4" per Spektrum.