RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car
Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 PM
KE4QPF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1:10 "Blue Streak" MAX Electric Truck & 1:10 Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

ORIGINAL: adrians3109

ORIGINAL: THErcnoobie

if weight does not make the wheelbase extend there is a simple solution.limiting straps will have to be applied.then there you go all done with that.take your time ion this project.we have patience and we can wait a bit longer to see the exhasut pipes.
yes the limiting straps to axle is a very good idea and simple to do... i used to keep them tight on my landy to have the required wheelbase. Now that i changed everything i dont need them any more. I used chain but you can use anything that holds.
If it does come down to needing to limit the travel of the suspension to kick out the axles a bit, I most likely would resort to pulling those Traxxas springs from the now abandoned spring shock system I devised. I'd take the first coil on top and bottom and rework them into hooks that would latch onto the factory bottom mounts to the inside of the oil shocks, and to the tub using the horseshoe factory mounts. Then, I'd bend over the hooks to close the loop so they won't fall off. Of course, they'd need to be painted green like the springs on the oil shocks I installed.