RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

Maybe, but wasn't important for me. I considered what the unfinished fuselage could be built for. I don't doubt the dates, and maybe the Japan T2 was for testing the winter 1963/1964 theories, as mentioned in the Grid Leaks Monitor. The pusher was a project in this winter. But anyhow, the unfinished wing is made for the pusher wing and has neither the very long tail of your T2 nor the very short Japan tail. In fact, it reconstitutes the proven moment arms of the contest T1 (as well as the dihedral). So both carrier T2 and Japan T2 were errors in Ed's trial and error sequence.
I feel the time line is important for all of us , just to keep the sequence straight.

I think I know what you mean, but I would not call the Carrier Taurus-2 an "error", because the fuselage went on to be part of the final Taurus in the evolutionary line. Even the Japanese T-2 could be considered partially successful because it looks like the same wing as the final T-2 was part of that variant. They were both "partial successes".

I consider the Taurus-2 in the auction that he flew during the 1964 season to be the most successful plane in the series from a flying standpoint. It was the last in the line, (I am not counting the Simla here as it is a whole different project due to the size difference).

The Taurus-2 in the crate was the final Taurus.

Duane