RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP Factory pictures
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
dye2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Factory pictures

ORIGINAL: Yak18

If I lived in China that's where I'd be working. Love it.
I am a chinese presently studying usa. I once worked in one of those small factories in guangdong province as a technican , where cmp factory is located. i have been enjoying building my own models since around 5 grade. i'd like to tell you the job in a factory is very different from a hobby. those jobs are very tedious because a specific person usually have to focus on a specific task, and he/she have to repeat it again and again and again for all the day. If you want make more money, you have to do it much faster and still meet the quality control standard. that is a great pressure. even in chinese standard, the workers are not very well paid. fortunately, the living standard in china is very low. usually the worker live in the dorm afforded by the factory for free, and only pay nominal money (two or three quarters) for a meal. with 10 bucks, you can get a full table of yummy dishes and share them with a couple of friends. The workers are usually from the coutryside of relatively poor provinces. eventhough their salary is much lower than that of people working for state owned giant companies, goverment, universities and so on, it is much better than working in the rice land.

it is very interesting to see these photos. cmp is a famous model manufacture well known in china for high quality planes. but it is generally complained that their models are iron heavy and fly like a brick. there are some other companies that also make great products, several of them are better than cmp's in the term of flying. i have been looking for those planes in this country, but only found cmp is the most popular one, and others are hard to get or rediculous expensive when compared to cmp's.