RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:38 AM
UStik

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

No Evan, nice idea but I think can't be because the vertical tails are different. Compare the picture of the carrier T2 and Cees' picture. The carrier / existing T2 has the same rudder hinge line rake as the standard Taurus, just the vertical tail outline is different. On Cees' model, it's the other way around, same outline as standard but more rake.

The Africa article was not posted entirely, I think Ray posted the picture and the first page (#298 p12, #341 p18). I pondered about the shadow print in the crate picture. It seems to show a rather high solar altitude. End of April was nearer to mid-summer in Chicago than in Africa, but I really don't know. Anyway, I think the picture was shot immediately before or after a journey to document the secure crate packing and the intact condition of the models. I'd say the journey to Africa for the reason given above, and I'd guess after the journey due to traces of use on the crate.

Still only Cees has the hi-res scan of the original picture, I think he got it from Chuck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82618.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1175591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72966.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	1175592