RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 PM
pimmnz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

Duane, down our way if you get a bit of 'tail wag' it's generally because you got off the rudder a bit too soon, and quick, and you get downgraded for it. They (judges) also like a good vertical after the turn, so generally you have to push a little down and hold just a bit of rudder until the turn is truly completed and the vertical dive properly established, then gently off the rudder so they don't see the tiny slip correction. Takes practise, but gets good points when you get it right. Perhaps if UStik tries this wheeze it might make the thing look better?
As for the crate picture, I did say I was playing devils advocate, I wasn't trying to muddy the waters. My instinct tells me that the fuselages are the first two Ed built, but we must test the theory in the proper manner... I have no idea how long after the '63 W.C Ed kept flying as the press seemed to have lost interest in him, he pops up on the Carrier, then in Japan, but after that, unless it is personal recollection, he seems to have disappeared. I can't think that he just stopped, but after the Simla affair, and the comparative ease of transport of the Taurus vs Simla, it is not so surprising that T2 was used, and it would have been a better flyer than the other versions, so it was, more likely, his 'everyday' model. Again, perhaps a quiz of some of the long serving members of the Chicago club might give a better picture of the last years of Eds active participation in the hobby.
Evan.