View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

ORIGINAL: UStik

You're too fast for me, Duane!

I think the only symmetrical airfoil wing is the pusher wing. The Japan T2 is semi-symmetrical for sure because it's a standard T1 wing just built with straight trailing edge and more dihedral. The carrier wing may look symmetrical because it's so thick, but I assume it's semi unless proven otherwise. I suspect even the Simla wing was semi. BTW, the Japan T2 and the carrier and pusher wing should have different planforms.
How can you tell the Japanese T-2 is semi-symetrical? Since the wing looks the same in the Pusher, Japanese T-2, and Final T-2, why wouldn't you conclude it is the same wing in all three? I will take a careful look at the thick wing tonight to check it, but I have already looked at it casually, and it looks symmetrical.

Look at the Simla airfoil on this picture...it doesn't look semi in the picture, and if somehow it is, it is very nearly symmetrical...so much so that I doubt it makes much of a difference. Remember the Simla was LAST in the design evolution; I find it difficult to believe that Ed would go back to anything that isn't symmetrical after everyone else in the world is going that way. The airfoil looks like the Bosch airfoil to me with a sharper L.E.

Duane
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74869.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	1176574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20877.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1176575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78201.jpg
Views:	60