RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brent Good Custom Airframes 50cc Yak 54
Old 04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Stick Bender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brent Good Custom Airframes 50cc Yak 54

I'm at about 10 flights... (weather has been terrible) I did a high rate snap roll after takeoff on purpose and was told there were gasps in the peanut gallery because they thought something had gone terribly wrong. It was quite violent, stops rotating like right now. One guy said he thought the fuse was going to keep rotating as fast as the wings stopped. It is impressive and nothing fell off or came apart I will not do that often, it can't be good for it in the long run.

The only thing I'm noticing now is a slight roll to the gear in knife edge, it's not bad. I will probably mix it out, at my skill level it's just easier if it holds for me. But it does everything so well I have not done any mixing at all. It's fairly neutral inverted, I tried to do a low inverted pass down the runway but I'm still afraid to hurt it, low turned out to be a good 10-15' off the ground.

I keep thinking it's tail heavy but I have always flown nose heavy planes (more predictable), it's very close to dead neutral, takes just a breath of stick to keep it from hunting the ground. I can flip in inverted on a 45° upline and I don't have to jump on the elevator like I was doing with my Extra. I can just roll over and watch it,unless the wind is under it..

Have you considered a lightened version? It's awesome as it is, but at 15.5lbs it would be a wet dream.

Thanks for all your help and a fantastic airplane!

It pretty tough too, I have had some not so pretty landings. No problemo