RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car
Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
KE4QPF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1:10 "Blue Streak" MAX Electric Truck & 1:10 Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

OK guys... the seats came in and I have installed them on a piece of sheet aluminum. Because my body posts are custom, I have holes all up and down them for mounting points. I just ripped down the sheet aluminum from a 6" x 18" piece down to a 6" x 12" piece, then scribed where the posts will slide through with a Sharpie. A step drill bit took care of the rest by chewing a hole at each mounting point just big enough to get the aluminum down the posts. 5/8" did the trick in the end. The seats mounted with 3M mounting tape and are removable. I am going to change the color from red to black using the leftover black Tamiya paint. I'm almost there. The fabricator still has not returned to work from injuring his back, so the pipes are still on hold. Here are the pics of the installed seats...

The car is not settling down any, so I think I'll start painting up those Traxxas springs I'm not using for anything and make my limiters out of them as discussed earlier.