RCU Forums - View Single Post - FG Beetle from the Elcon Gods!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 11:40 AM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG BEETLE PRO REBUILD THREAD(my style)

hey steven no problem anything to be of a help here......

cheers!!

what part of scotland do you come from,nice country. a friend of mine lived in glasgow for a few years ago he had an apartment there near his work place so 4years ago i went over to visit him,man all i can say is a great spot,we rented out a car for a week and done scotland from top to bottom,saw loughness monster lol went right up north to inverness,steerling castle,wallace monument.......some fun there!! i met a girl there also for a while lol

nice country......

anyway,the best thing i would say is to stick to standard size gearing as they are on there to suit your monster wheels and to downsize/upsize them would upset things i think,what engine size have you? if it is 23cc it is a little mild for a monster model,it should be 26cc plus....

either way,the first thing you can do in terms of power is a pipe,you wont believe your eyes.........i will leave you a link here for some pipes,the shop is where i buy all my parts in germany they are very good. check out some pipes here,with a pipe automaticly you will see a 1hp gain on any engine,its awesome.....the one i use is a jetpro,but there are loads of others depending on what you like....

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...ffroad,,,,.htm

you can also tune that engine with your carb needles,you have a high and low needle which you can adjust a lot when you are running,you can start by leaning in the low speed 1/16th increments untill you find the best power balance and same for high needle,they both should be marked.

if you are after a major power upgrade and have the money to spare you could buy like i did an upgraded race ported engine head kit with crank,easy enough to do if you ever were doing it i would help you with info/pics and links on how to..... the one i bought was an o neills bros racing race ported zenoah 27.2 stuffed dtroker crank head kit,it is unreal with the jetpro because my fg is heavy i needed more power,i also upgraded to a lauterbaucher racing intake manifold and fg k&n,this thing really rips..........if you go back along my build you will see it.

here is my engine link
http://www.oneillbrothersracing.com/...achined_wc.htm
let me know your thoughts on all this.

dc2 man