RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Nosen Cessna 310 Club"
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
2engsout
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Donnyman, I too plan on converting my Nosen 310 to the "R" model. I know from experience in scratchbuilding from these drawings in the past, that the profile 3 view drawings from Cessna have an inaccurate profile of the nose section foward of the instrument panal. Do not enlarge those 3 veiws and expect a 100% accurate outcome. I would like to make a suggestion. I now use the photos on www.airliners.net to printout and enlarge to full model size to get my profile pattern to layover the Nosen plan. PM me and I will send you some pics that you can use,,,since we can't legally post those pics without permission from the photogragher. Use the height of the instrument panal on the Nosen model= same height as the top of the nose panals just in front of the panal,,,and from that point go straight down to the bottom of the fuse. Enlarge the print to match that and cut it out and draw it on the plan. The critical thing here is the height of the tip of the nose. You can use the bottom of the side windows from a profile PHOTO, of the "R" model as a baseline to scale from where that relationship is height wise. Now you have the exact lenth also. If you have the Cessna 3 veiws, you may enlarge the nose section top veiw untill the fuse width is matched at the instrument panal,,,,BUT,,,remember that the fuse on the "R" model (1975 and later models) is wider than the fuse prior to 1975. So...there is going to be a compromize....I personally would rather have the correct profile, even though it's too narrow for a true scale "R" model fuse,,,,,,but the only people who will really care are the judges at Top Gun.....and there not here....The nose bulkheads are going to have to be "WINGED" as you go, corolating the correct height and width at each station. Too bad I have'nt done mine yet so that I could just send you my bulkhead profiles. But, thats how I am going to do mine, since this procedure has worked for me many times in the past. There are computer programs that can corolate these parameters to meet any spec for any bulkhead station dimention, but I don't know who or how. Maybe somebody on this thread dose and they can chime in and tell us how to make that happen.... Don Sheldon at Don's Hobby Shop in Salina Kansas (785-827-3222) built a fantastic 29% 310 R model a few years back and there was a 3 issue artical in RCM magazine on the build. Beutiful plane......he used CAD drawings. Rick