RCU Forums - View Single Post - CAP 10C problem
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 06:16 AM
jdhughen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CAP 10C problem

My radio is a CAP 10C 2.4ghz. I have H9 spitfire that I had been using the 7ch R617RS (4.8v) with a JR NES-791 retract servo on ch5. Everything worked fine but I had been using a JR matchbox to get aileron diff because I was using ch 7 for something else and was out of avaliable channels. I wanted to do the Aileron Diff mixing in the radio to take advantage of some other features so I decided to swap out my receiver for a R6014FS so I'd have full use of my transmitters 10 channels.

Everything worked great except that now my retract servo will NOT work anymore. I setup a bench test with another R617RS and R6014RS and a fresh 4.8v batt and confirmed that for some reason the NES-791 retract servo will not work with the R6014FS on channel 5. For grins I plug the servo into Channel 1 and it worked. I created a test model in the 10C and connected all channels (5-up) to switch E and throws to 100% ea direction, and trims @ 0 for all. I then tested the NES-791 servo in each channel. With the R617RS the servo worked every channel without issue. In contrast , With the R6014FS the NES-791 only worked in channel 1 ans 2, and NOT in any other channel. What is up with this ?? what is none standard about the R6014FS output that would cause this. The NES-791 with 260 in/oz of torque is (IMO) the best retract servo out there and the only one that will lift my gear (using robart oleo robo struts). I need to figure out what the problem is. BTW I don't think it is a defective receiver as I have 2 R6014FS's and tested them both with the same results.

Any ideas ????

Joel Hughen