RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vertical climbing tank/rover
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Ralph E Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertical climbing tank/rover

As an arborist, I have a need for a vertical climbing vehicle to pull a fine line up to a desired height in a tree (over a particular limb), then descend back down. Naturally, I would then tie my climb line on the fine line and pull it through. My prospective vehicle is a small tank weighing .37 lbs (before I lighten it). My prospective engine & prop is a cox black widow .049 coupled to a 5"x 3.5 pitch 3-blade prop. If known, will this combo produce suffient thrust to press my tank onto the tree, or will the little .049 have the power to adequately turn the prop? I've not figured in the engine weight or fuel since I've not acquired any of this equipment yet. I am not an avid RC'er and would appreciate any advice on whether this is indeed a feasible endeavor. Torque twist is another consideration which I do not forsee being much of a problem since the tank tracks shuld by all rights maintain sufficient traction, IF the thrust is appropriate. Again, any advice would be most appreciated... I like doing things the right way the first time... especially since time IS money...

Cordially, Ralph E Boy ([email protected])